Friday, April 2, 2010

The Muse

The wind in her hair,
And a devil in her eye.
The sand at her feet,
Her lips a silent sigh.

The horizon sets,
As the night sky breaks.
She runs so free,
The wave erases her wake.

Words unspoken,
Linger on gentle lips.
A moment unbroken,
Into dreams I slip.

An innocent victim,
To her unwavering gaze.
Her face smiles through,
Across the smoke haze.

She calls out the words,
A poem without warning.
She speaks of today,
And tomorrow morning.

She says find love,
Before the world forgets.
Step forward right now,
Let go of past regrets.

The moment to live,
Is upon us now.
Enough of a life,
Learn to be alive somehow.

The world falls silent,
As the shadows collide.
The sea breeze moves,
And the night sky divides.

The break of dawn,
A breath of cool air.
Forever I am lost,
I care not where.

1 comment:

  1. This, for some reason, reminds me of a blog post I myself wrote: http://revelationswithin.blogspot.com/2010/02/she.html
    Do let me know if you see a parallel and what you think of it.
    I like this poem,btw.

    ReplyDelete

Your 2 cents: