Monday, January 17, 2011

Outdated Apologies.

I think I might,
Lose my mind,
If I hear your voice again.

The way you sound,
Teary eyed,
When I'm faking confidence.

You made your choice,
To leave me when,
The anger filled your voice that day.

You know I meant,
I love you still,
I lied and said, just go away.

And now I'm empty.

Your lipstick smeared,
From tears I fed,
Your make up was all washed away.

In my sadness still,
I remembered the smile,
Of you and me in a better day.

In the night I held you,
Close in hope,
That you would never run away.

I shoulda stayed back,
And heard you out,
Instead I kept my stupid ways.

And now I'm empty.
Now I'm empty.

I think I might,
Lose my mind,
If I hear your voice today.

Just to hear,
You break in tears,
Knowing I made you this way.

But I'm empty.
I'm empty.

1 comment:

  1. vivi, one of my favourites!
    simple, to the point, heartfelt.... i like it very much!

    ReplyDelete

Your 2 cents: