Monday, October 31, 2011

Whiskey dreams.

I've been getting high,
To keep these feelings down.

My head in the sky,
My knees on the ground.

In the arms of a stranger,
I've found myself alone.

Far from her eyes so tender,
Forgotten and gone.

Now I'm so tired,
That I think I'm dying.
I'm so worn out,
Because I keep on trying.
I hope this weariness,
Gets the better of me.
The eternal sleep takes over,
And I can lay restfully.

When I was younger,
I was afraid.

Of falling in love,
And being unmade.

But now I'm older,
And I see what happens.

When chances are taken,
And your heart is open.

Now I'm so tired,
When my heart has been broken.
A stranger devil,
Has been awoken.
I hope this demon,
Gets the better of me.
I close my eyes,
And die peacefully.

The days grow darker,
And the nights they scream.

Through a smoke-filled mirror,
And my last whiskey dream.

In the midst of this sickness,
I will now be awake.

Time to fight the weakness,
There's new chances to take.

Now I'm so tired,
I grow weary of crying.
I'm taking the chances,
Or I'll die trying.
I won't let a broken heart,
Get the better of me.
I'll shed my old skin,
And find who I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: