Friday, June 7, 2013

Rendezvous


Meet me at
The same new place
Let me show you
The world from somewhere else

We can safely share
Our stories in the silence
No need to hide
Won't partake in their violence

Meet me at
The edge of the earth
I will pile up the wood
And build our little hearth

A place to warm
And rest your tired feet
Come the morning
Our roads will not repeat

Meet me at
Any place that isn't here
Somewhere to lie together
Where there's no quarter for fear

It need not be
Heaven or some paradise
It may not even be
Something seen by our eyes

So meet me at
The turn to the long road
I'll wait with a cigarette
As it's embers grow old

Leave behind your bags
Throw your conscience to the wind
Let me show you
Everywhere we could have been

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: