Friday, August 16, 2013

Cocoon

Fly away
My dear butterfly
This not the way
For you to keep on trying

I can see
The stormy winds
Come to kill us
And to stop you from flying

We can't stand
In the face of this
With fragile wings
And a will to fight the tempest

Give it up
Or the final beat
Of your flight
Will be cause of my madness

So leave me here
Go to your home
To the shell
That will keep you protected

For if you choose
To fly through this
For a hope
For a foolish kind of sadness

I will fight
The winds of change
Or I will die
But not for lack of trying

Though my
Weakened wings
And their tiring beat
May slow or still from fighting

Just let me see
As I'm crashing down
That somehow
You lived to keep on flying

And I will rest
Having known
You were there
Even as my breath was dying

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: