Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Music is my Aeroplane.

When im crying alone, and when im cold as a dying stone.

Grow me a garden of Roses, Paint me the colors of sky and rain. Teach me to speak with their voices. Show me the way and ill try again.

Without you I am nothing at all. And life has the face of a morbid game. With you nothing is impossible, it all seems to fit the frame.

- Poets of the Fall - Roses.

One of my favorite songs. Its quite clear to see why. Although i don't consider myself to be so much of a hopeless romantic, i find this song extremely appealing to my inner Romeo.

There are certain songs which take you places just sitting at home in one place. The capability of music to sent a person to a whole different realm of thought, thinking, understanding, sense, creativity, awareness. After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

Personally, I feel, there are very few artistes who can express silence in such a divine manner so that it may be branded as music. The ability to express the silence in your mind in a tune and a tone so as to transport those thoughts and ideas through another medium in such a way that the person who pays heed to such "Music" can feel the pain or love, or even hate. This insane talent is given to a few god-blessed people on this planet. We have only seen and recognized a few of such geniuses in our lifetime, and god knows how many have died unknown with their music still inside them.

There's an amazing clarity in my train of thought when I listen to music. I had never realized the role music has played in my life until it actually entered my life. Who would ever have thought that there can be one thing which can not just calm an individual down but also aggravate him and relate with his circumstance. Those who are affected by music can be divided into two classes: those who hear the spiritual meaning, and those who hear the material sound. There are good and evil results in each case.

Somehow it seems Music helps me understand myself better, it puts a sort of rhythm to my life which i needed desperately. I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.

----------------
Listening to: Incubus - Love Hurts
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: