Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Immaterial.

Don't give me a throne
Or a piece of the land.

I don't ask for your riches,
No more than what's in my hand.

You can keep to your ranks,
Stick to your titles and names.

I don't crave your piece of pie,
You have nothing I wish to claim.

I wouldn't implore you
To give me a house too big for home.

I find that space doesn't matter
As long as my mind has room to roam.

Keep your wine,
Your gems,
Your flowers with little stems.

I will never ask
For such worthless things
I don't wish any part of them.

All I want is to be my own
To see the world my way.

Just the steady pulse of a heavy heart
And nothing left in gray.

No shiny lights
No golden goose
No games I wish to play.

Just some words to leave behind
When my days finally die away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: