Monday, July 22, 2013

Momentary lapse of conscience.



tonight
let the wind speak it's mind
just hide within my arms
forget about our crime
let us first learn
how to survive the night
and then worry about
the coming charge of life
the train isn't leaving
until a far later hour
we've still got a station
or maybe two from afar

though the urge to pull the chain
may linger every moment
and a single shred of weakness
might push us on the pavement
we cannot give in
to the sensible line of thought
we'll end up derailing
wasting all that we have fought

you have to understand
this is no small amount of torment
or some short-lived sadness
keeping us from living in the moment

so tonight
forgive me for my sins
forget the train
give in to your whims
the time of surrender
is just a fleeting chance
this feeling of going under
I promise, it won't last
I promise, we won't last

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: