Friday, August 22, 2008

The Best Laid Plans.

How do, the best laid plans, fall apart? No matter what we try, or how hard we try... what we have planned out will always somehow, almost miraculously, get deviated from the planned path. There's no explanation for it. Apart from the fact that maybe whoever wrote the fates was an author of the comedy-suspense genre.

I for one, am a very calculative guy. Extremely so. I always make sure of what can go wrong and take my course of action. I rarely leave anything up to chance, some people have even called me too calculative, albeit these people are my closest friends, they are the only ones who truly know how much goes on in my cerebral area. I take pride in being calculative and at the same time looking impulsive, its fun to make a fool of the world. But, then again, it has its flaws. A wise man once said; you can never fool some people all the time, but you can fool all the people some of the time. There are times when this goes horribly wrong.

Yes, I do manage to fool most of the people in some way, its part of the reason almost any kind of person feels comfortable with me. I have a weird ability to gain trust of any person, and at last count I haven't broken anyone's trust. I somehow manage to be a different person with every person I meet, yea I know, it sounds pathetic, even repulsive to some, but thats how it happens to be. The problem with this course of action is, somewhere down the line, I lost sight of who or what I really was. It wasn't so much of a problem if you look at it from my point of view, if I don't quite remember what I was like earlier, I must not have been such an interesting fellow, see what I mean? Not so much of a loss, is it? I think so. But some people keep trying to convince me otherwise.

People keep harping that if I'm so calculative then one day my plans will fall on me. The weight of my own psyche will crush me. "The best laid plans" will count for null. Something today made me think I keep pushing to hard and the fateful day quickly approaches.

Ah well, can't really trust what I'm saying can you? Maybe its just another one of my mind games. Maybe not.

Think about it.



----------------
Now playing: Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 2 cents: